1. Restricted Membership
To qualify for restricted membership, you must be a new student or a current basic science student. All members within this category will be restricted to the basic science curriculum.
New users transfering from "The Union" should register with a the same e-mail address they have registered at "The Union" if they want us to process things faster.
If you want to register with a third party email address like Yahoo or Hotmail, we need to verify your identity. Send us an email with the following:
1. Your full name
2. Semester class
3. Username that you registered with on SCIMD Forums.
4. Third party email address you registered with.
Please send all this info to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your proof of student status
YOU MUST SEND US PROOF OF YOUR STUDENT STATUS
During this transition period for SCIMD, Any of the following methods of verification are acceptable:
1) Have an SCIMD administrator e-mail confirmation that you are currently a student
2) Have a moderator or administrator of the SCIMD Forums personally vouche for you
3) Scan and e-mail a current (i.e. within 6 months) receipt for payment of tuition
Note, all new accounts are inactive after you register. Please refrain from logging on until the admin has approved your account. Otherwise, the system will lock you out. The admin will send you an email when your account has been activated.
2. Full Membership
This forum is available to St. Chris students only and we have strict rules about membership.Full membership is only available to clinical students and higher.
To qualify for full membership, you must submit one of the following. This is not an inclusive list of options, and other forms of proof have been accepted. Contact the forum admin if you want to ask if something will be accepted email@example.com
A copy of your ECFMG Certification Statement / Certification Identification (Form 183 or Form 186) AND a copy of the ECFMG email approving your eligibility period.
If you choose Option 1, you must submit both forms. Not one or the other.
A copy of your CAF from ERAS.
A copy of your current transcript/final transcript, or diploma for those who have graduated
The benefits include:
- Access to clinical clerkship info. Read reviews and detailed info about each site.
- Access to clinical knowledge forum. Get tips from students on how to prepare for rotations.
- Housing for clerkships with pics and reviews.
- How to study for the boards.
- Assistance with the Match.
- Assistance with residency programs.
- Access to the Hall of Fame. See where graduates are going or being licensed.
- Access to the licensure forums. Get detailed requirements on licensure info direct from the states.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCIMD Forum Management
St. Christopher Iba Mar Diop College of Medicine